Forms of re-use of the information on icgc.cat
The Law 37/2007, of 16th November, on the re-use of public sector information, which transposes the Directive 2003/98/CE of the European Parliament and Council, and is amended by Law 18/2015, of 9 July (which in turn incorporates Directive 2013/37/EU), regulates the re-use of public information in the possession of administrations and bodies in which they have a majority share, that is to say, the right of all potential market agents to the re-use of information from public documents. In accordance with this rule, the Administration permits the reproduction, distribution and public communication of the work and, furthermore, the transformation of the work in order to make derived works, for everyone and without time limits, and provided that it does not contradict any license or notice that a work may hold.
In order to re-use the information, the following conditions must be followed:
- a) Not distort the meaning of the information.
- b) Always quote the source of the information.
- c) State the date of the latest update of the information.
It is necessary to contact the author or the copyright holder: Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya.
Forms of re-use of the ICGC's geoinformation
A. Information Property
- Information produced by ICGC (whether geographical, geological or geothematic) is covered by the Copyright Act and other applicable national and international legislation.
- The use, acquisition, gran of use license or the authorization to use the information produced by ICGC do not imply, in any case, the transfer of property, which entirely belongs entirely to ICGC.
B. Use license
- The Creative Commons licence that rules ICGC's information is the Attribution 4.0 International, known as CC BY 4.0.
- According to the stated by this licence, the user is obliged, in all cases, to quote the source of the used information.
D. ICGC’s right reservations
- The users of information produced by ICGC are the only responsible for the use they make and renounce any claim against ICGC.
- ICGC will adapt its on-line services according to the demand, in order to be accessible at all times. However, an exceptionally high use of them may mean a slowdown or, even, a service interruption.
- ICGC is not responsible for any temporary typographical, formal or numerical errors that may contain its geographical, geological and geothematic information, and declines responsibility for any damages that may result from the use of geographical, geological and geothematic information it produces.
Other forms of re-use
Similarly, re-use can be limited by the protection of other priority legal rights, such as the protection of personal data (object of another legal notice), privacy or third party intellectual property rights. The re-use of work protected by intellectual property rights can be carried out by means of the use of open content licences, such as those of Creative Commons, which give certain exploitation rights of work. In content where this type of licence is applied, re-use in the established conditions is permitted.
In no case is the use of logos, brands, coats of arms and distinctive symbols of the Generalitat of Catalonia authorised in publications and websites which do not have the involvement or are not sponsored by this institution. These elements of corporate identity are the exclusive property of the Generalitat of Catalonia and are protected by the applicable legislation in force.
Privacy: personal data protection policy of the ICGC website
The ICGC guarantees the confidentiality of the personal data that is provided on the pages of this website under the terms laid down in Organic Law 15/1999, of 13th December, of personal data protection (LOPD), implementing the necessary and appropriate measures to the type of personal data, in accordance with Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21st December, through which the LOPD Regulatory decree is approved. The data requested will be that which is strictly necessary, appropriate and pertinent for the end for which it is collected and will be subject to automatic processing.
On every page that contains forms that collect personal data, you will be expressly informed of the existence of a file or the processing of personal data, the end for which it is collected and the persons recipients of the information, of the possible ceding of data, of the identity and address of those responsible for the file, as well as the possibility of exercising the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to the personal data and how to proceed with this. If, on any personal data compilation form, these rights or the way to exercise them is not explained, you can notify us about it sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya, Parc de Montjuïc, E-08038 Barcelona.
If you wish to exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to any of your personal data (including photos or voice recordings) that may appear on any informative page of this website that is not a form, you may contact us the same way.
Cookies are used only for statistical purposes as they provide relevant information to those responsible for the portal in order to be able to improve the service to users.